Friday, March 22

Amazing Grace

2 1/2 weeks into motherhood and I finally don't feel like locking myself in the bathroom to cry. Avonleigh and I are getting to know each other and it's a beautiful process. We have started to get into somewhat of a pattern each day. Thank you, Lord!

Every few hours, after she eats, I sing Amazing Grace to her. I got her middle name (Grace) from the song and named her that as a reminder of God's unfailing grace. Even under circumstances where it would have been easy for me to feel ashamed, I never did. All I felt was undeserved love, acceptance, and grace. In all my years on my walk to Christ I never fully understood His grace. It took falling very far away and being brought back by less than desirable circumstances to truly get it. So, all of that being said... I sing her Amazing Grace every day. It's my most favorite part of the day. Even if she's fussy, as soon as I start singing she quiets down and just stares at me. It's so humbling to me. I definitely don't have a great voice, but she finds comfort in it and it brings tears to my eyes every time.

For some reason, that small part of each day reminds me of how God views us. It's a little backwards, but Avie doesn't care that I can't carry a tune or that sometimes I mess up the words when I try to sing the other verses. All she cares about is that I sing to her. It made me think that that must be how God feels. We don't have to be the best at something or do it right every time. What matters is that we simply do it (whatever it may be) and that we do it for Him.

Avonleigh Grace is already making me a better person in so many ways. I can't wait to see the person that I'm transformed into over the years!

No comments:

Post a Comment